If you’re wanting to give your blog a little refresh but cannot afford a custom design, it’s always a good idea to look at pre-made themes that you can customise and make your own. Below are some WordPress themes that I personally love and think would look incredible on your blog.
The perfect WordPress theme is one that:
- Isn’t too expensive,
- Can be customised,
- Has many design elements,
- Easy to navigate,
- Contains important theme aspects such as sidebar, menus, etc.
It takes a few themes to realise exactly what you want but make sure you give each one a chance before purchasing the next one! It all adds up.
WHERE TO GET THEM
Personally, my all-time favourite place for anything design related is The Creative Market. Not only can you get web designs for WordPress, but you can also get them for Tumblr and much more. In addition, you can buy fonts, graphics and photographs.
When it comes to downloading WordPress themes there are definitely things to consider. Make sure you do the following:
- Read the full description to ensure you don’t have to download anything else to go with the theme (e.g. child themes).
- View the preview of the theme before purchasing.
- Check the specs and requirements for the theme download.
- Can you customise it? How much can you do to the theme?
When downloading and installing the theme be sure to read the instructions carefully. Once it is all installed, get customising!
Here are some of the designs I am loving right now. Clean, pretty and with a glossy blogger feel. Click on the image to be taken to the download page. I will be adding to this over time as well so be sure to check back!
Which is WordPress theme your favourite?