Valentine’s Day. It’s just around the corner and a little bit like marmite. Some love it, some hate it. Me? Well, Valentine’s Day something I have never bothered with too much. Paul and I will swap cards but it’s not a big deal to us. I’m of the personal opinion love should be celebrated every day. But I guess it’s a great excuse to do something special with the one you love!
Oak Furniture UK got in touch and wanted to know what my plans were… Whether it was dining in for a romantic meal, chilling on the couch or covering the coffee table with treats.
Honestly, I have no idea whether I’m coming or going especially at the moment with a possible house move on the horizon. But I do know the perfect date night with my hubby. And that’s snuggling up, watching a movie, with a cuppa and some choccies.
I’m not a big fan of romantic movies… Well, I do like a few. I’d be happy to watch pretty much any of my favourite movies. As long as I’m in bed with a cuppa (do I sound like an old lady?). Romantic candlelit dinners, soft music and sexy lingerie? Not really my thing! For us, Valentine’s Day is pretty much like any other day.
It doesn’t really matter what you do on Valentine’s day. If you are with the one you love that’s what’s important. You don’t have to have romantic getaways or expensive gifts. It’s about the time you spend together, doing what you both enjoy.
Don’t let Valentine’s Day pressure get to you. Just enjoy your time together!
WHAT CAN YOU DO ON VALENTINE’S DAY WITH YOUR LOVED ONE?
If you are the romantic sort and want to do something special but not spend too much, perhaps these will give you some ideas:
- Movie night with treats and snacks in bed
- Go out for a romantic dinner (book early!)
- Have a homemade spa day! Get candles, bath salts, face masks and incense.
- Order a takeaway and continue that box set you’ve been watching
- Cook a romantic meal together
- Do what you did on your first date
- Go for a romantic walk
- Have an indoor picnic with snacks and card games
- Make your loved one breakfast in bed
- Swap love letters (nawwww!)
BUT WHAT IF YOU’RE SINGLE?
- Rent a movie and order a pizza for just you (the more for you as no one needs to share woohoo)
- Invite your single besties over for a girly sleepover with some wine and snacks
- Write a list of goals you want to do on your own (e.g. travel to New York) and starting planning them
- Pop to Boots (or your local beauty store) and buy: a face mask, a pamper kit, some new nail polish. Get home, run a bath, burn some candles and relax.
- Catch up on your reading or even your TV boxsets you haven’t had time for
- Go out for the day to all the places YOU want to visit
- Spend some time with family
- Visit the gym – get sexy!!
- Go online shopping and buy yourself a Valentines gift (why not?)
What are your plans for Valentine’s day? Do you even have plans?
Photo by: Lovestruck Photography