I’ve always been of the opinion that if you cannot be happy alone you can never be happy with someone else. I think having alone time is always a great opportunity to heal, daydream and gather your thoughts. I personally love having a few hours on my own. It allows me to do what I want with no pressure of what is going on around me.
TIME ALL BY MYSELF
- Go to a coffee shop with a good book, your MP3 player and a snuggly jumper. Find a cosy corner, order a hot chocolate and some cake (why not, there’s no one to tell you that you can’t!) and relax.
- Have a day in London (or your closest town or city) and wander aimlessly. View art galleries, window shop or just people watch. Do what you want to do with no one telling you that you can’t!
- Have a movie night in alone. Buy a tub of ice cream, burn some candles, grab a blanket and watch a guilty pleasure movie.
- Go on a shopping trip by yourself, buy that coat you’ve been wanting and have a big lunch that you can show off on Instagram.
- Have a warm bubble bath with candles and incense burning to help you feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
- Get some blogging done whilst you don’t have anything around to distract you.
- Be creative! Write, draw, paint or make something.
These are just some of the ways I like to spend alone time. How about you?