Forgive and forget. That’s how the saying goes. Like with most things it’s much easier said than done. When someone has hurt you it’s so easy to continue to hate and be angry but you can never move on that way.
We read all of these stories online about how people have responded to hatred with love. We share them, we like them and we feel inspired by them. But when it comes to our own forgiveness… It gets a little tricker.
So how do you forgive someone?
- Realise that being angry at them is not going to make the slightest bit of difference to the situation.
- What hurts your enemies more than hate and anger? Your happiness, success and power to move on.
- It all happens for a reason. What good has come out of this experience? It’s all for the best.
- Stop talking about it, stop thinking about it and remove yourself from for the situation.
- Look at things from their perspective and realise that they’re hurt too. Be the better person, make amends and move on.
Do you find it easy to forgive? What are you tips?