When you workout regularly it’s important to repair your muscles. The best way to do this is through consuming protein. And a super quick and easy way to get protein into your body is via protein shakes and smoothies. I thought I’d share what I put in mine!
WHAT YOU NEED
- Blender/smoothie maker (I use a Breville one!)
- Raw kale (contains protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals, omega 3 and is good for eyes)
- Spinach (contains protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals and has rich iron content)
- Banana Whey Protein Powder (contains protein and amino acids, helps muscle growth and repair)
- Frozen berries (high in beneficial vitamins)
- Take two handfuls of kale and spinach and pop into your blender/smoothie maker.
- Pour in two cups of cold water.
- Put in one scoop of protein powder and blitz until the liquid is green and smooth.
- Add a handful of frozen berries and another cup of water.
- Blend until smooth, add more berries if you want it fruitier or half a scoop of powder.
WHY PROTEIN SMOOTHIES?
There are a tonne of benefits to protein smoothies:
- Quick and easy to make.
- Contain simple yet effective ingredients to help your body mend and grow after workouts.
- Filling but doesn’t bloat you out.
- Great for on the go!