Do you ever get a craving for a big, buttery, sugary and chewy cookie? Sadly, not all of us live next door to Millie’s Cookies and when that time arrives when the cravings kick in it’s time to get backing. And it’s super easy!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 292g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 227g unsalted softened butter
- 300g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate hearts
- Preheat oven to190 degrees Celsius.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually mix in flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder until lump free.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of the dough into balls.
- Place onto a greaseproof sheet on a baking tray and put in the oven for approximately 10 minutes. They should be crispy on the outside but slightly soft in the middle so you can push in the chocolate hearts when cool.
- When out of the oven and cool gently push a chocolate heart into the centre.