There have been a few debates on Twitter as to whether it is a good idea to schedule blog posts and social let alone admit to that fact that you do it. Personally, I schedule every post I write. Even this one is scheduled!
If I published every post at the same time that I have written it, you would have 4 posts a day for 3 days and then nothing for a week and a half. You see the dilemma. But there are ways to tackle this issue. One of them is by scheduling your posts…
- You can write as many posts as you like in a day without spamming your readers.
- Posts can be promoted on social media at certain times of the day without spamming your followers.
- There will be some consistency – no more 3 posts in one day!
- You can blog when you’re not physically blogging.
- You save time all round. 30 mins of scheduling social media once your post is scheduled is easier than doing it live.
- Posts can be varied by topic. You may photograph 4 beauty posts in a day but publish them across a month putting other posts in between.
- It helps you with writer’s block. With a log of 7 posts scheduled you have time before you need to find something else to write.
- Hootsuite allows you to schedule on Facebook and Twitter as well as various other social media at the same time. You don’t have to switch between accounts!
Do you schedule your posts? What benefits do you get from doing so, if you do it at all?