Let’s all be honest. 2016 was a pretty crappy year. Lots of awful things happened to good people and bad decisions were made by the most powerful countries in the world. But it wasn’t all bad was it? I think now is the perfect time to prepare ourselves to say goodbye to the year just gone.
- Northern Lights on NYE/NY – 2016 started in Iceland. Fireworks, snow and then Mother Nature’s sky dance, the Northern Lights. It was a little different to the first time I saw them in Canada but it was wonderful to see them again.
- Girlie Holiday in Venice – For my birthday Paul booked for me and my friend Natalie to go to Venice for the weekend. Although it was mine and Paul’s honeymoon destination, we knew it was safe and I felt comfortable there so it was the perfect location. We had TOO much pizza and walked miles! I had a lovely time and would love to go away with her again!
- Busted Reunion – My favourite childhood band came back as a complete set, went on tour and released an album. I was lucky enough to see them in the OMFG Zone (VIP basically).
- A Month in Lanzarote – After house hunting for months, Paul and I were mentally and physically exhausted. So we spent a month in Lanzarote, relaxed and enjoyed the sunshine!
- Bought and Moved Into Our House – This was a big one. It was the most stressful time of my life but it was worth it. After putting in offers on two houses, we finally got ours after six months of waiting. And then we waited for the renovations which took three times longer than what they should’ve. But we are finally in and are getting settled pretty well!
- Became a Doggy Mama to Chaplin and Pharaoh – Again, this was a hard pill to swallow as Paul got Chaplin and Pharaoh in a spontaneous act of love. They’ve been hard work but I absolutely adore them!
- Went to my First Blogging Event – 2016 had me invited to several blog events which I was honoured to attend. Sadly, now I live further from London, it’s hard to me to go to all of them!
- McFly Anthology Tour – As I never got to see McFly on their Radio:ACTIVE tour it was important for me to go to the final London date where they played my favourite album, track by track. Originally they had arranged the tour for June whilst I was in Lanzarote but they changed it, meaning I could go!
WHAT’S IN STORE FOR 2017
- Vegas and Los Angeles – We are heading back to the City of Angels via Las Vegas in May/June to see friends and visit some of our favourite spots in the city as well as be introduced to new ones. We are also staying in the same apartment as last time as we loved it so much!
- Walt Disney World – Something I have been hoping for since October 2014 came to an end… I’m going back to Disney World for two weeks in October 2017. And I cannot wait!
- Busted (Again) – Amy and I are seeing Busted in Brighton on Valentine’s Day. At least I can say I spent it with them!
- Impractical Jokers – Paul and I will be meeting Sal, Q, Joe and Murr at the O2 in January and seeing their stand up live.
- The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones Return – My two favourite shows will be back!
I’ve decided to not set any specific goals or resolutions for 2017. I find that I put too much pressure on myself that way. But I do want to attempt to do a few things before the next year closes:
- Re-start my Open University Degree in Design and Innovation.
- Start a class at the gym. I’m thinking yoga, pilates and Zumba. What do you think?
- Balance my diet better. I did try veganism for three months. Unfortunately, it just wasn’t working for me but I found it is easy to have vegan meals now and again, so I would like to try that more.
- Cut back on caffeine. I have way too much coffee so I am trying to reduce it down to two cups a day.
- Try to read each day. I always seem to find something else to do other than sit down with a good book. I need to, as it’s relaxing and good for the mind and soul.
- Get the dogs trained professionally. Training two dogs is really hard it seems, so in the New Year we are looking to get them trained one on one.
- Work on more blogging campaigns. This one has been on my radar for a while! As with a lot of bloggers, we enjoy working with brands and PR companies, making money from doing what we love. And I am no exception!
What are you happy about with 2016? Do you have any resolutions for 2017?