Jealousy is a natural emotion. But when you are starting to focus on what is going on in other people’s lives and not appreciate the aspects of your own, then there’s a problem. Let’s remove the jealousy and move on.
KNOW WHEN YOU’RE JEALOUS
Firstly, you need to realise that you are feeling jealousy and admit that you are being blinded by it. How do you know when you’re green with envy? Well, you’re here so you must have a suspicion.
- You can’t spend time with people who have what you THINK you need – clothes, job, shoes, phone, anything material…
- You spend your time constantly watching a person’s social media page
- You may be asking questions about your relationship, watching what they are doing, asking what they are getting up to without you etc.
- You’re constantly wishing you had what others have
- You can’t stand your friends or partner spending time with other people
- You’re constantly comparing yourself
WHY ARE YOU JEALOUS?
By realising you have an issue with jealousy you have accomplished a big step! Next you need to look deeper and see why it is you are feeling jealous. There must be something that is making you feel inadequate.
- You may be feeling insecure with yourself. It’s time to increase your confidence.
- If you’re jealous of material possessions or experiences perhaps it’s time you get up off your butt and work on getting it yourself.
- Feeling a little bit “bleugh” about the way you look and get fed up of seeing beautiful people? Time to find your own style. Go on Youtube, try new make up techniques, get to the gym and start feeling better about yourself. But remember you are YOU. Don’t try to be someone else.
MAKING YOURSELF FEEL BETTER
Right so we’ve concluded you’re a jealous person and you know why you’re jealous. Now you need to start feeling great about yourself, your life and what you have:
- It’s time to improve your outlook. Why feel jealous when you could be happy for people instead? Thinking positively will help improve your jealous outlook.
- Be active in your jealousy. You want something? Go get it!
- Understand life isn’t perfect, no one’s life is so appreciate what you have and work hard to get what you desire.
- Know that you may have things that others are jealous of.
- Remember how lucky you are. There are so many people in the world who do not have anything.
- Appreciate the little things.
Now you’ve tackled the green dragon it’s time to ensure you can prevent jealousy from popping up again in the future.
- If you’re the kind of person who gets jealous in relationships, don’t be with someone who spends a lot of time with other people who could end up making you feeling insecure.
- Starting to feel jealous? Go back through the above steps and work out how you can overcome it before it gets out of control.
- Appreciate everything you have and stop worrying so much about others. Focus on you.
Remember it’s okay and perfectly normal to be jealousy a little bit. Just don’t let it go too far.