I think every blogger has their way of doing things when it comes to creating their content. Here’s how I get on:
- Ideas – I keep all of my ideas for blog posts in my Blogger Planner or in a notebook. I usually find inspiration in reading other blog posts, taking part in Twitter chats or being asked advice. I also take inspiration from personal experience and listening to others. My list is every growing!
- Writing the posts – I write my posts and save them to drafts to be checked over by Amy who checks for grammar or spelling errors (very, very handy considering I’m awful at proof reading). I’ll then re-read them to make sure there is nothing else that needs to be added before I schedule. Once the post is written and edited I select the relevant categories and add tags.
- Photos – Unless I am reviewing a product, I usually use free stock images from my favourite stock image websites.I edit the images in Photoshop and insert them in the post (ensuring I set a Featured Image). I have to remember change the ALT Text for SEO purposes. This is why I have a check list!
- SEO – Using an SEO plugin I ensure that I have got a good level of SEO within my post. That means using certain key words and phrases to help the post’s Google ranking (that’s the boring and long part…)
- Scheduling – I schedule the posts to be published usually every other day, throughout the week. Scheduling has many benefits which you can read here 🙂 This way I get a little break to build up ideas and keep myself motivated.
- Social Media – Using Hootsuite I schedule my posts on Twitter, Tumblr and Facebook. Once the post is live I pin images on Pinterest and usually promote the post on Instagram.
Do you have a routine for blogging?