When you visit London you are so spoilt for choice when it comes to the food. Yes, there are various food wagons with hot dogs and chips. But why would you want those when you can try some of the wonderful London food spots on offer? Although I have visited London on countless occasions, and worked there for two years, I still found myself going to the same old spots. So, I made it my vow to try some new places. Here are a few of my favourite food spots in London.
ALL YOU CAN EAT
- Masala Zone – Indian street food that will leave your tastebuds wanting more.
- Sarastro – Turkish oriented and Mediterranean in style within a fine dining environment. The decor is beautiful, and the food? Superb!
- Belushi’s – Great for breakfast or the evening cocktails before a night out.
- Wagamama – I know this is a chain restaurant but when Japanese cuisine comes out fast, fresh and so damn delicious how can I not include it? Yaki Soba is my dish of choice but there are so many items to try.
- Ronnie Scott’s – Jazz bar, live music, a la carte and bar menu available. Tickets for performances are a little costly but definitely worth the atmosphere!
- Las Iguanas – There are so many vegetarian, vega and gluten-free options available. In fact, there menus dedicated to dietary requirements. Definitely my favourite for Mexican food.
- Riverfront Bar & Restaurant – Eating here gives you easy access to the BFI screening rooms, which is a bonus if you’re short for time. The food is great and covers all tastes.
- The Breakfast Club – If you want breakfast here, be prepared to queue. It is listed as one of the best places to get breakfast and I will confess it was. The service is incredible, the food delicious and an amazing, laid back atmosphere.
- The Archduke – A restaurant and jazz bar all in one. Although a little on the pricey side of things, The Archduke cooks up a great steak and burgers (I know this from my pre-veggie days!). May I recommend the asparagus with a goose egg to start? SO YUMMY.
- Corinthia Hotel – This is the perfect location for afternoon tea. Can’t eat it all? Get a cute box to take the cakes home in! The food is delicious and the setting is so stylish and classy.
- London Grind – A great, casual atmosphere with good food and music. I really enjoyed brunch here of guacamole and poached eggs! The staff are super friendly too!
- The Diner – If you are desiring a good hot dog and fries or perhaps a hearty burrito then the Diner is for you. Cool music and an American vibe with no cheesiness makes it a great place for lunch or dinner and a few drinks.
- The Riding House Cafe – Apparently they have some of the best pancakes in London. I am yet to try them, however I can say that their Macorni Cheese is absolutely mind blowing.
Where do you like to eat in London?