Sometimes I sit there and think, “I’m going to stop this blogging lark.” I think all bloggers do that though, don’t they? Hey, all writers do! Whether blogger, novelist or literary theorist. Well, if you’re like me and you get this wave of blog depression then today’s post is for you.
WHAT GOES THROUGH MY HEAD WHEN I DOUBT BLOGGING
Quite honestly, I don’t have my blogging blues over my content, success or anything like that. I get blogger blues when I think about how far I can really take it. For example, in time I am going to want to have a family (oooo scary) and I’ve been wondering, “Will I have the time/passion for blogging?” when that time comes.
Other times I feel down because I think about the fact I probably do a lot of things JUST for the sake of blogging… Do you do that too? Simply buy or do something because, “It’ll be good for the blog?” That may just be me but that’s not the point.
I get like this on some days and more often than not I end up more motivated and more inspired all because I do the things below :).
A FEW THINGS TO DO & REMEMBER:
- ADDRESS YOUR DOUBT: When you know you’re doubting yourself and your blog, you need to sit down and write down why you started blogging. What you love and hate, what you’d change and what you had hoped you would achieve. Once you’ve written down those thoughts, use them as a motivational tool to overcome this doubtful feeling you have.
- YOU’RE NOT ALONE: We all do it for whatever reason. We all compare the success, designs and followers one time or another. But if you ever have some blog jealousy, turn it into motivation instead!
- TAKE YOUR TIME: If you need to have a break from blogging because the inspiration simply isn’t there, then do so. This may be a little harder if you blog for a living but ensure that you don’t put too much pressure on yourself that blogging is no longer fun.
- CHANGE YOUR CONTENT: If you don’t feel your content is getting you anywhere or you feel unhappy with it, mix it up a little. Here are some blog post ideas for you to try!
- YOUR BLOG IS IN YOUR CONTROL: Remember, your blog is yours. How you run it, when you post and what you post is entirely up to you. You’re in control, so take it by both hands and work on making it what you want.
- IT TAKES TIME: Success doesn’t come over night. It can take years to become a successful blogger, depending on how you define success and what you want to achieve.
- BOUNCE BACK – When you need to come back from a blogging slump, read this post.
- BLOGGING IS WRITING TOO: All this may come from somewhere deeper than success or motivation. It may actually come from the dreaded writer’s block.
Blogging isn’t as easy as many people think. It takes time imagination, energy and hard work but you have control over how it can work for you. Don’t let doubt get the better of you. Get motivated and continue doing what you love.
Photo by Ashley Ella Design