The blues are because you’re getting fat and maybe it’s been raining too long, you’re just sad that’s all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you’re afraid and you don’t know what you’re afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling? – Holly Golightly, Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961)
You wake up and you feel lost, empty and like you have no purpose there are a few things you can do to help get a little pick me up.
- Put on your favourite movie. Preferably one that won’t make you feel sad!
- Spend time with positive people. The funnier, the better.
- Have a clear out while listening to upbeat music.
- Write a list of things that make you smile and focus on them.
- Bake a cake. It’s distracting of negativity and you can eat it after!
- Got some savings? Go shopping! Buy something for yourself, even if it’s just the bra you’ve been meaning to replace Old Grey with.
- Have a little nap. If you’ve had a bad night’s sleep this may reboot your energy levels and make you feel less MEH.
- Watch cat videos. It’s a given.
- Create a daily schedule that will give you a routine and keep you ticking.
How do you cure your mean reds?