Winter makes it a hard to accessorise. Scarves cover up necklaces, rings are hidden by gloves and earrings immersed behind hats and ear muffs. But the weather is getting better (I promise!) so it’s time to shine, dust off that jewellery box and put some sparkle to an outfit!
KEEP IT DAINTY
When choosing jewellery, you don’t want anything too OTT. Spring is a time for pastels, blossoming flower buds and sunshine.
Start off with some adorable earrings. Studs such as these gorgeous gold, pink flower studs are perfect for a spring outfit. Not only are they pretty in pink but they also provide that bit of glitz your ears have been missing since your Christmas party!
Jewellery can make an outfit so pick and choose wisely to complement both your spring wardrobe and personality.
THE PERFECT HANDBAG
Keep your essentials close by in a beautiful spring time bag. Patterned bags are definitely the perfect accompaniment for any spring look. Something small and easy to carry is essential, but be sure it can fit in an umbrella for when the spring weather decides to water the plants.
Try and be bold with designs and patterns. Nothing too loud and bright (save that for summer), but break away from the chic classic looks and mix it up a little.
UPDATE YOUR SUNGLASSES COLLECTION
We’ve all probably got a few pairs of sunglasses that we wear every year. They’re either buried away in an old suitcase or getting scratched at the bottom of your handbag. So, it’s time to invest in some new sunnies.
Sunglasses can make a simple, casual outfit complete. With a touch of nude or pink lipstick, you can make your lazy Sunday outfit into a classy yet laid back style.
I prefer the larger, 1950s style sunglasses as they feel so glamourous! If you’re more into the rock star look, why not consider a rounded pair to give you that John Lennon vibe?
TOP TIPS FOR FASHION IN SPRING
- Keep it colourful but not too bright. Luminous pinks are better off in the summer months.
- Florals, butterflies and dainty patterns always work this time of year.
- Remember it’s not summer, so you may get a bit chilly. Keep a cardigan nearby! Layering up is key to ensure you’re warm when the wind blows!
- Scarves aren’t just for winter. Consider a lighter material to go with your outfit.
- Find pieces that you can also wear in summer just by switching up some accessories or removing layers!
What are your top tips for dressing and accessorising in spring?