Self-care is important. It’s all about looking after your mind, body, and spirit. And there are several simple and easy ways to accomplish the correct balance of self-care in everyday life.
Of course, daily self-care includes brushing your teeth, wearing clean clothes etc. But it goes beyond that. It’s also about how you feel and what makes you content and happy.
10 WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR SELF-CARE
- Drink lots of water – You will keep hydrated, clear your skin and flush out toxins
- Go for long walks – Gentle exercise in the fresh air, allowing you to appreciate your surroundings.
- Have plenty of me time – Have some time to yourself to chill out and relax.
- Bake a cake – It’s therapeutic, plus you can eat it afterward!
- Pamper yourself, keep clean – There’s no greater feeling than washed hair and clean skin.
- Take naps – Don’t feel guilty about having a recharge.
- Surround yourself with plant life – They clean the air and look pretty. What else could you want.
- Do what you love with no guilt – Go shopping, visit museums or watch movies in bed whilst eating pizza. Whatever it is, do it.
- Get creative. Draw, paint, write etc. – Take a break from the computer and let your mind explore other possibilities.
- Spend time with loved ones – Surround yourself with those who make you happy and put a smile on your face.
WANT SOME MORE?
If you feel as if you need to do more for your self-care, download my checklist. Try and do as much as possible each week!